Assistant Service Manager
Job Title: Assistant Service Manager
Position Description: Assistant Service Manager will determine management, production, and quality requirements and maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow-through with assigned projects. Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plan more effectively.
- Pre-writes and schedules service appointments. Obtains guest and vehicle data prior to arrival
- Greets guests in a timely, friendly manner, obtains vehicle information and inspects all vehicles
- Writes up guest's vehicle concerns using the Road-to-the-Sale accurately and clearly
- Test drives the vehicle with guest as needed to confirm the concern
- Refers to service history, inspects vehicle, and recommends additional needed service
- Advises guests on the care of their car and the value of maintaining their vehicles in accordance with manufacturers' specifications
- Provides a complete and accurate written cost estimate for total job
- Establishes "promised time." Checks with CDK Drive/ERO or dispatcher, if necessary
- Obtains guest's approval and signature on repair order
- Establishes guest's method of payment; obtains credit approval, if necessary
- Properly enters RO into CDK Drive /ERO system for proper dispatching
- Checks on progress of repair throughout the day. Contacts guests regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time, explains cost and time requirements in detail, and gets proper authorization
- Adheres to the current service marketing programs
- Reviews repair orders to ensure that work is completed and additional work and authorization is noted. Closes repair order as needed
- Uses all service department forms, menus and pricing guides consistently; notifies management if any information is out of date or incorrect
- Explains completed work, all charges and reviews the factory CSI-Survey to all guests
- Adheres to the company & manufacture processes & policies
- Maintains high guest satisfaction standards and strive for outstanding CSI Scores
- In a prompt and friendly manner; handles telephone inquiries regarding estimates, general questions, appointments and work in process
- Inspects all vehicles for body damage, tire condition and upsell opportunities; inform guest if work is needed and provide an estimate and sell if needed
- Maintains a professional appearance and attitude
- Keeps work area clean
- Must have a valid drives license, be able to be insured to drive company or guest's vehicles and be a US citizen or hold a valid US working permit.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Capable of working well with other team members, mentoring apprentice personnel and motivationally directing support staff personnel.
- Language Skills: Must be able to converse well with guests in English; fluency in Spanish while not required is encouraged.
- Mathematical Skills: Must have good mathematical skill in order to properly estimate and calculate work orders.
- Reasoning Ability: Has the ability to reason with difficult people and situations as well as hold intelligent conversations with all our guests.
Willing to participate and apply factory training or other forms of training whenever available.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date